Part 2 – GDPR Compliance & Print Protection.
GDPR regulations come into force on 25th May this year and at Technocopy Solutions we can help guide you on how to keep your printing environment and hardware secure.
In principle the security of unprinted documents on your network will remain an IT concern. The security of this needs to be carefully considered in relation to GDPR but fails outside of our guidance here. However once a user sends anything to print then we have the expertise to help you.
Firstly you will need to consider if and how that flowing data is encrypted. Also the security measures in place to restrict access to print queues and their abilities to reconfigure these. Once this area is addressed then the highest security concern comes from the documents release at the device. In many businesses this key element remains over looked. At Technocopy Solutions we sell hardware and provide software tools to lock down this area of potential breach.
Our hardware and software solutions provide:-
- User authentication at a device to ensure it reaches only the right recipient
- Security systems to track both the sender and receivers identity
- Continuous monitoring and storage of users names, email & printing history
- Hard Disk lock and industry data protection options on many models
- USB Printing can be disabled to avoid users bypassing the other protection measures
- Print traffic protection using optional AES 265-Bit encryption to protect data in transit
Should you wish to review just some of the ways our technology can tackle the your GDPR compliance concerns then please click on the attached documents provide here.
If you would like to know more or would like us to help you review and tackle your concerns more quickly, then make contact HERE.
Read Part 1 – HERE.
This article is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Therefore you may not rely on this paper as legal advice, nor as a recommendation of any particular legal understanding.